Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Faith Story

The bible is full of real life stories of faith. Our boys have been in Sunday School since they were just weeks old, so they know a lot of them. This morning I read to them the "Hall of Faith" from Hebrews 11, which is a good summary of all the bible stories they are so familiar with. Each story begins with the summary, "By Faith Noah or Abraham (insert name here).... Jeff and I have told the kids that this challenge we are facing is really an opportunity for us to write Our Faith Story - to believe God and trust him in the middle of difficult circumstances. We can stuff our kids heads with as many bible stories as many times as we have opportunities - but the chance to really walk through our own family faith adventure will be a great opportunity to experience God's faithfulness in REAL TIME! Pray for the kids that they will be able to absorb these truths and us as well! They are doing well so far, I think. E wanted to make sure the doctor knows what he is doing - and he wants to make me homemade peanut butter and a card. T already made me a card and wishes I didn't have a tumor. N just keeps repeating, "Trust God." Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment