Saturday, March 6, 2010

Progress

It looks like I'm a little behind on updates. I have written several drafts, but keep deleting them. It's a lot of pressure trying to write something that other people might actually read - especially when you've had a grumpy week. Which is exactly what it has been. The problem is, it has had nothing to do with brain surgery or any legitimate complaint. I had a cold. Sore throat and coughing. Then at physical therapy I did two WHOLE hallway lengths of lunges, and it left me feeling like I had done the hardest workout of my life! Then, I decided that this would be the week that I stop taking my narcotic pain killers - all of them, and my sleeping pills too! And I have felt cold all week. I have been really GRUMPY! I feel so ridiculous for complaining after everything that has happened and everything that hasn't happened. But I guess this is all just part of it. I spent time this week writing all my thank-you notes, which helped with the grumpiness - to remember how thankful I am.
On the good notes... I went to church last week for the first time in two months, and was SO glad to be able to worship (corporately) and reflect on all that God has done. We are finally getting back to a regular school schedule and we are enjoying it. I have been able to rest daily during the kids "rest and read" time and have enjoyed listening to John Piper's sermon series "You Must Be Born Again". I think it is something that everyone should listen to, or you can read his book, "Finally Alive". What an exciting description of God's work in regeneration of our hearts - taking us from death to life through faith in Jesus Christ's finished work.
That's all for now, hopefully I will have time for more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment